Answer: In Illinois, the “Standard Visitation” is:
- Alternate weekends from 5-7 p.m. on Friday to 5-7 p.m. on Sunday;
- Alternating holidays;
- One or two evenings per week for dinner;
- Father always gets the child on father’s birthday and Father’s Day;
- Mother always gets the child on Mother’s Day and mother’s birthday;
- 2-4 weeks during summer vacation.
Parents are not required to accept the standard schedule if that does not fit their situation.
For More Information:
We welcome hearing from you and we invite your questions. There is no obligation. No one will ever know that we spoke or what we discussed. Everything you say is privileged, confidential, and completely classified. We do not maintain a mailing list and will not contact you unless you ask us to.
If we are in court or in a meeting when you call, one of us will personally get back to you as quickly as possible. We are extremely discreet with callbacks and reply emails. Just leave your name and a secure email address or personal cell phone number.
Richard and Kari are staunch advocates of the non-court approach to divorce, and are also active and seasoned litigators with over 60 years of combined trial experience in the Illinois divorce courts of Cook, DuPage, and Will counties.